Since ecommerce has drastically changed how we do business, the internet and many software developers have followed suit. There are now plenty of platforms one can use to sell online. All of them have their own pros and cons, and each of them aims to outweigh the others.
Magento has been on the ecommerce industry for so many years, that it is not surprising how it has helped thousands of businesses find success in ecommerce. To this day, more and more people still sell online with Magento, even when it is admittedly harder to maintain as compared to its competitors. These are significant Magento themes that are fully customizable, plus its plethora of add-ons and extensions that all help your store become the best in ecommerce all appeal to its millions of users.
Because of its continuous success, its competitors seem to multiply every year as well. There are those who offer easier navigation and control, SEO effectiveness, and many other advantages that sure are needed by ecommerce stores, but which one of them would make the cut?
- Probably Magento’s biggest competitor, Shopify is its most popular rival today. This one has one of the best prices among ecommerce platforms, which most probably contributes to its popularity today.
- Shopify is also very easy to use—which is its claim to fame. It is easy to customize your site, add products, and so much more. Even newbies will find it easy to add product images, titles, prices, descriptions, and other data.
- Its dashboard is user-friendly and looks pleasing to the eyes. Most users say they like how pretty Shopify’s dashboard is, which is also why there are people who choose this one over Magento.
- Speaking of Magento, Shopify asks its users if they are moving from another platform. This is one of its best features, as it has never been that easy to migrate your shop from one platform to another.
- Like Magento themes, Shopify themes are also customizable. There are also so much to choose from.
- Can Magento Work on Windows?
- Volusion is also very well commended for its ease of use. Its dashboard is simple and clean, perfect for minimalists who do not want extra touches that do not do well in functionality.
- It is like Magento, where you have to know about coding and configurations. This is only a problem if you have to change your pages’ layout and design, which is almost always the case.
- Volusion has way lesser add ons and extensions available as compared to Magento. If you know that extensions are important in your store and the kind of products you sell, this might not be the one for you.
- Big Commerce has also gained popularity because of its ease of use. Like Shopify, it is the platform that’s great for newbies. You can get your site up and running in just a few minutes.
- Its dashboard has clear as crystal directions. They use simple terms that are understandable even to technophobes—so this one is clearly designed for ecommerce newbies.
- There are design options, but you have to have a background in coding. Drag and drop has not yet been added to Big Commerce’s long list of features.
Apart from these three, there are a lot more ecommerce platforms that seem to compete with Magento in terms of pricing, ease of use, and features. Though Magento might be one of the strongest contenders in apps used to sell online, it sure would not stay that way forever. Technology is ever changing, too. What’s certain is the platform that keeps improving itself to provide better service is always a sure winner against those that settle.